Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning hdmi adaptor problem

Just bought one think it would be fine - like the VGA adaptor I have for my ipad 2 but no, it doesn't work - just freezes video after a few frames and plays audio. Not what I had in mind. Looking through these forums it looks as though this has been a problem for quite awhile. I see that there were issues with iOS 7.0.2 going to 7.0.3, I am on iOS 7.1 .1, which is a considerably later version. This issue should have been resolved entirely some time ago or the product withdrawn from sale. Please advise if there was a fix.

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 23, 2014 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2014 12:43 PM

Hi prmills59,

If you have issues with the video adapter for your iPad you may want to consult with this article for troubleshooting steps -

iOS: About Apple Digital AV Adapters

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

Specifically -

If you encounter an issue using the Apple Digital AV Adapter or VGA Adapter:

• Disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the iOS device and display.
  • Connect directly to the TV, projector, or external display using a known-good VGA or HDMI cable.
  • Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters.
  • Note that accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signal to other video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) are not supported.
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS. Some Apple Digital AV Adapters require iOS 5.1 or later.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2014 12:43 PM in response to prmills59

Hi prmills59,

If you have issues with the video adapter for your iPad you may want to consult with this article for troubleshooting steps -

iOS: About Apple Digital AV Adapters

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

Specifically -

If you encounter an issue using the Apple Digital AV Adapter or VGA Adapter:

• Disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the iOS device and display.
  • Connect directly to the TV, projector, or external display using a known-good VGA or HDMI cable.
  • Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters.
  • Note that accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signal to other video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) are not supported.
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS. Some Apple Digital AV Adapters require iOS 5.1 or later.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Lightning hdmi adaptor problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.