Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete unwanted songs from my iPod shuffle? No sidebar comes on screen. If I click the song and click delete using my MacBook pro nothing happens. My shuffle is 4th generation. If I click restore a message pops up that I don't have permission.

Any ideas?

Posted on May 23, 2014 10:48 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2014 12:53 PM in response to Soo Fedup

Hi Soo Fedup,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are trying to sync songs off of your iPod shuffle. Once connected to iTunes you should see your iPod listed in iTunes as a device. If you are not seeing the sidebar you can enable it by using the following article.

iTunes 11: Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5649

Show or hide the Status Bar and Sidebar

In iTunes 11 you have the option to turn the Sidebar and the Status Bar on or off; they are off by default. To do this in the menus, go to:

• Show Sidebar - Choose View > Show Sidebar (this feature will display iTunes features on the left side of the application including Library, Store, Shared, Genius, and Playlists).
  • Show Status Bar - Choose View > Show Status Bar (this feature will conveniently display the number of items and playback time for a category, for example, music or movies).

User uploaded file

Once you have the device selected, navigate to the Music pane and either uncheck the box for Sync Music to remove all of the music on your iPod shuffle or select Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres and only check the choices you want. After you uncheck the Sync Music box up top or select the selected content you want, select Apply in the bottom right hand corner. Please use the following article as a reference.

Syncing music to iPod shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1719

I hope this helps,

-Joe

How can I delete unwanted songs from my iPod shuffle? No sidebar comes on screen. If I click the song and click delete using my MacBook pro nothing happens. My shuffle is 4th generation. If I click restore a message pops up that I don't have permission.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.