Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer my newly downloaded Aperture soft war from my lap top pro to my desk top mac

Can I transfer my newly downloaded Aperture soft ware fro my Mac Pro laptop to my desk top Mac?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 24, 2014 3:02 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2014 3:27 AM in response to Graham.H.Terry

If you bought Aperture from the AppStore and your Desktop Mac is compatible with Aperture 3.5.1 (running MacOS X 10.9.x), then you can download Aperture directly from the AppStore and install it on your DeskTop Mac for free.

Sign into the AppStore with the same Apple ID you used to buy Aperture originally, and then download it from the "Purchased" tab and install it.

The AppStore licence entitles you to install one copy of Aperture on any Mac you own or control, as long as it is for private purposes.

May 25, 2014 10:18 PM in response to Graham.H.Terry

Note however that Aperture does not allow a single user to synch a single Library between two computers even though the EULA permits a single user to use Aperture on two computers. A very serious limitation to the app.

Workarounds exist, none good. Perhaps the best of the poor workaround solutions is a "sneakernet" with a Library on an external drive that gets moved among computers.

HTH

-Allen Wicks

Can I transfer my newly downloaded Aperture soft war from my lap top pro to my desk top mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.