Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup restoring

HI,

I am looking for help, I restored my phone to factory settings, as I wanted to restore the data from my imac. My problem is that when I try to restore th latest backup, it requests a password, I am assuming the password is the one that goes with my apple ID. but it won't accept it. I have tried all the passwords that I can remember that I have ever used, but it's no use. Is there a way I can change the password or is it a totally different password?? I am desperate for help.

Barbara

iPhone 3GS

Posted on May 24, 2014 4:49 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2014 5:40 AM in response to Barbaranolan60

In what part of the process does it ask for you password? It can either be asking for the password to the iCloud account (Apple ID) used on the device before the restore or if your iTunes backup was encrypted it will be asking for the password for the encrypted backup.

If it is asking for the iCloud password you should see something like "Enter password for b*******@hotmail.com" and then you need to enter the password for the Apple ID with the corresponidng email address. (if you email address is example@gmail.com it should say e*******@gmail.com)

Are you absolutely sure wich Apple ID you need to enter the password for? There could also be issues if you have changed primary email for you Apple ID at any point. Then you might need to follow this article iOS 7: If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud.

Either way, if your iPhone requires a password to the iCloud account it is locked to you will have to figure out which iCloud account that is and then enter correct password or reset password if you don't remember.

Backup restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.