Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any app in OS X Mavericks unable to detect location after updating

I'm using MacBook Air (late 2013) & OS X Maverick 10.9.3 on it. I'm facing to this problem since I updated to 10.9.2 from 10.9.1.

Like no any app from Maps, Twitter, Facebook is able to detect location. Earlier it was able to. Mean, when I click on Current Location button nothing happens on Menu bar earlier there used to appear sign like this (➤). I connect to internet strictly through the WiFi so not any problem with that. In Systm Prefrences Location service is also enabled. So very frustrated, Please help me.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), Late 2013

Posted on May 24, 2014 5:30 AM

10 replies

May 28, 2014 10:39 AM in response to actionmarker

2 things you could try.

1. If you go to Google Maps, is that able to locate your location?

2. Do you have access to another computer or smartphone that can use your wireless network to determine your location, without relying on cell towers? For example, if you have an iPhone, if you put the phone into airplane mode and then turn the Wi-Fi back on, it will only search thru your wi-fi network. Can it determine your location by that means? If so, at least the Wi-Fi router can be discounted as part of the problem.

Any app in OS X Mavericks unable to detect location after updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.