Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with an older 160gb classic and trying to restore

Alright so I had an old laptop that died and I bought a new computer. I had to rip my CD's onto it and went to re-sync my Ipod again on a brand new computer.

I can't remember exactly what it said but I ended up having to restore my ipod, so I did. Everything went find until my ipod said to Use iTunes to Restore.

Every time I try to plug in my ipod the ipod stays the same but my itunes completely freezes up. I tried waiting an hour or two to see if maybe it would do something but had no luck. I started looking up solutions online but nothing I have tried seems to work.

I have tried reset, disc mode, DFU restore, FAT 32 format and the like, and even tried an older version of itunes (which wouldn't let me open since I was using a newer library) so nothing seems to be working.

I am pretty computer average, I don't really know much more than what I read about how to work on computers so I appreciate any help anyone can offer in a computer "rookie" layout. This is driving me crazy, seems the more things "evolve" the more problematic they become.

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 8

Posted on May 24, 2014 8:58 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2014 1:29 PM in response to Brett L

Hey Brett thanks for the response, now I got my ipod somewhat functional and the itunes won't freeze up anymore. Every time I try to restore the ipod it tells me that the ipod cannot be restored (1439) so I am trying to figure out how to get that working now. Any suggestions?

For now I am trying these http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1372 but nothing seems to be working so far.

Problem with an older 160gb classic and trying to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.