Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung ML-1740 Printer Drivers...

Hi there. According to the post listed below I downloaded the suggest Drivers yet when I goto open it I get Office Word for Mac trying to open it? Is there a different method of istalling said driver? It's sitting on my desktop at the moment, on my MaCBook 10.4.7 ...?? Any help installing this driver, & maybe I can get future help getting it to work with my Netgear PS101... Through my Rangemax Router 240...
Thanks...

Previous Post that helped me go in the right direction yet the instructions don't seem to be helping.
---------
Posted: Jan 31, 2006 1:06 PM

Oh my God, I found a driver that works with my Samsung ML-1210 printer on 10.4.

I had done a search on this forum, downloaded the following:

Alternate driver:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/samsung-gdi/

except, get the newer ESP ghostscript from here:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/foomatic/

but my computer didn't recognize the printer and I couldn't set it up.

I then did a Google search and stumbled on Jeff Boulter's site where he offers a link to a driver for the ML-1740. OK, not the same model, but by that time I was pretty desperate and willing to try anything.

It worked! Here's the link:
http://boulter.com/blog/2005/06/14/samsung-ml-1740-printer-drivers-for-macs/

Click on "a copy of the drivers" and a copy of the driver will be downloaded to the desktop. Open the driver to install it on the hard drive, then set up your printer through System Preferences. I set mine up through both USB and wireless Airport connection without a hitch.
Hope this helps those of you out there searching for the elusive driver.
If you do download it, I'd like to hear how it went for you. I still have the inital Linux driver and ESP ghostwriter script installed, and would like to know if I need to keep them on my system, or if I can trash them.
jp

MacMini 1.66, MacBook 1.83 Mac OS X (10.4.7) Both have 1 gig of RAM?

Posted on Sep 3, 2006 9:21 PM

9 replies

Sep 4, 2006 10:43 PM in response to greg sahli

ok, I installed the samsung-gdi-foomatic-1.0.ppc.dmg & the following dmg... espgs-7.05.5-0.ppc.dmg have been installed, so I take it the espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg is newer? I'll try to get it...
So now I currently have
samsung-gdi-foomatic-1.0.ppc.dmg
AND
espgs-7.07.1.ppc.dmg
Installed. Now could someone maybe run me through the process to install a printer to get it going? I tried adding new printer, IP then type in 192.168.1.150 then select Samsung but i use the ml-1210 since thats the oe people say i should use? Help....

Sep 5, 2006 11:22 PM in response to greg sahli

Okay I did the following directions you gave me.

In Printer Setup...
Click Add (The Plus Sign)...
Selected IP Printing...
Then selected LPD...
Entered my IP address 192.168.1.150
I placed P! in the Queue Name...
Then I selected ML-1210 since that was the closes thing to the ML-1740 & guess what? It worked!!! Thank you so much!
Now i just got to follow the same steps on my MacMini & hope it works as well.
Kudos to you!

Samsung ML-1740 Printer Drivers...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.