Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inserted a new hard drive into my Mac Boo Pro 2008 15 inch and don't have the original disks. Wondering if there was a way to purchase them.

Inserted a new hard drive into my Mac Boo Pro 2008 15 inch and don't have the original disks. Wondering if there was a way to purchase them from Apple or if I buy them off ebay will they work? Also its A Macbook Pro 2008 15 inch glossy with 2GB of Ram the serial number is worn off what kind OS do I need?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 24, 2014 8:42 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2014 8:51 AM in response to jmas369

Wondering if there was a way to purchase them from Apple

Yes. Contact Apple Support using one of the options in the Contact Us below. You will need your MBP's serial number and payment method for a nominal fee. If the exterior serial number is illegible look elsewhere for it: MacBook Pro: How to find the serial number

or if I buy them off ebay will they work?

Probably not. Grey discs are system-specific and will work only for the exact model MBP with which they shipped. It's likely that Apple will charge you less money, and it will be guaranteed to work.

Inserted a new hard drive into my Mac Boo Pro 2008 15 inch and don't have the original disks. Wondering if there was a way to purchase them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.