Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletv my movie is in french??!!

I bought Star Wars clone wars august 2013 and enjoyed watching it several times in English. It's now May 2014 and my film is in french. I have no option to change the audio as the only one available is french?!? What has happened??

I know how to change audio settings on my Apple TV. The settings aren't the problem. The problem is I only have a french option now.

It's the same streaming the movie on my iphone and ipad.

Very upset :(

How do I get to watch the movie I paid for in the language I bought originally???

Please help

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 24, 2014 4:36 PM

17 replies

Jul 31, 2017 4:23 PM in response to VEKON

I don't believe that for a second! I purchased the Disney movie Tangled & we watched it 3 or 4 times. Now it will only play in French with English subtitles. My granddaughter is watching it now on my iPad so the problem is with my Apple TV. Sounds like they are giving you the runaround! How do you contact iTunes? Thanks!

May 26, 2014 10:23 PM in response to hrashid

Contacted itunes and this was my reply

"I have checked the movie in the store and found that the movie which you have purchased from iTunes Store is in French language. It is not available in English. If you would like to watch it in English language I would suggest you to purchase the Engilsh version of this movie. According to the iTunes Store Terms of Sale, all purchases made on the iTunes Store are final."

I'm disappointed that they totally misunderstood my problem and also provided a rather bizarre solution. "It is not available in English. If you would like to watch it in English language I would suggest you to purchase the Engilsh version of this movie." How can I purchase something (again) when it's not available ???

May 31, 2014 9:09 PM in response to VEKON

I just encountered the exact same issue last night. Had this movie for a fair while. Watched it with my son lots of times. Decided to move it to the cloud for a while. Redownloaded yesterday - all in French!!!.... I am also about to write to Apple re' this as it's ridiculuos, as was the response you recieved. I just wanted to add my voice here first.

Jun 17, 2014 9:00 PM in response to alexeismirnov

Basically - I chased Apple on this for a week or more. They refused to offer a refund (and did not provide an explanation either) In the end, they gave me a movie rental 'voucher' - which is neither here nore there, as I wanted them to address the issue. Mainly for the future as, like many many others, I have a fair few movies stored in the cloud and purchased (in good faith that they won't appear in a different language!) when re-downloaded. All they did was ask me to look at their terms and conditions. I did, but I personally) could not find any legal jargon about Apple, albeit acting as a portal, having the right to allow purchased content to change language. I asked them to direct me to that claim, but it never happened. At that point I gave up. I couldn't really care less about the voucher thing; it was an appeasement on their part, as I'm convinced they just don't care that much! All up, Vazandrew made the (now realised as a cold hard fact) comment that its' best to back up - I'd say, ALL your stuff when concerned with Apple...

Jun 17, 2014 9:32 PM in response to Artyboy1

They can't address it because it is the providers who make the call. You are simply given access to your purchases in the cloud, it is not a backup service. Should anything be removed or changed then you will either no longer have access or only have the new version. Backing up is always recommended, this would apply to any digital product.

Appletv my movie is in french??!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.