Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gestures related issue w/Mavericks and Mid 2010 MBP.

Hey everyone, I've got a weird one. I'm using a 15 inch, mid 2010 MBP, and after formatting/reinstalling Snow Leopard then upgrading to Mavericks, a few months ago, I've been have a frustrating issue. What happens is I swipe up using gestures for Mission Control and randomly my laptop will reset itself due a problem. I can't replicate this and I can't find any common elements everytime it happens.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Pete

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2014 2:03 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2014 6:38 AM in response to petehead92

Hey there Petehead92,

It sounds like after you reinstalled Snow Leopard and upgraded to Mavericks you are getting a message saying your computer has restarted because of a problem. The following article should help you troubleshoot that named:

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem."

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4636

Diagnosing a recurring kernel panic can be difficult. If you need help with this process, consider bringing your Mac to a Genius at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider for help. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store, you can make a reservation (available in some countries only).

Tip: To help diagnose recurring kernel panics, record the date and time it occurs, and any information that appears with the kernel panic message.

• Was the computer starting up, shutting down, or performing a particular task when the recurring kernel panic happened?
  • Is the kernel panic intermittent, or does it happen every time you do a certain thing? For example, were you playing a particular game, or printing at the time?
  • Does it occur only when a certain external device is connected, or a device is connected to a certain port?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Gestures related issue w/Mavericks and Mid 2010 MBP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.