Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nokia N73 support

I thought as an N70 was supported I could get my N73 to sync--but no, I get a flag "this device is not suppoorted by iSync". Does anyone know of a way round this, or will I have to wait months for iSync support. I have copied vcf into address book by bluetooth but this is a clumsy workaround. Thanks

g5 Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 4, 2006 4:21 AM

14 replies

Sep 18, 2006 6:07 AM in response to Vinay Jayaram

Thought it would be easier to post it on here:

1st off go here:
http://iphoto.fantasyformula1.uni.cc/MAC/index.html
and download the 2 files you will need.

Next -
In the Finder, control-click on the iSync application and choose Show Package Contents. Then navigate into Contents -> Plugins -> ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice -> Contents -> Plugins -> PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin -> Contents -> Resources. In that folder, replace MetaClasses.plist (make a backup first, duplicate it on your desktop or somewhere!) then drop the new .plist file you downloaded from me.

Drop the NOKN73.tiff file in to the same folder as where the .plist sits and then fire up isync.

Let me know how you get on.

MacBook Pro Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Oct 20, 2006 1:26 PM in response to Clovelly

[snip]
1 device found, iSync can not connect to this
device.

Hi there, I am having a similar problem but not quite the same..

Strangely when I first installed the plugin, it worked! then I realised that the phone name was different so deleted the connection and then rebinded it to laptop through bluetooth, this was after updating to 10.4.8 btw and putting the MetaClasses file back in.

I have deleted and reinstalled MetaClasses file I downloaded from i amstewart's site numerous times, but to no sucess. Has anyone got any ideas??

Regards
Tom

Powerbook G4 12 1Ghz

Oct 25, 2006 2:48 AM in response to i_am_stewart

Hi Stewart

Well all is well again, I downloaded the newest plugin from the site you linked to and up it in the top level of the ApplePhoneConduit.SyncDevice>Contents>Plugins and worked a treat. Thanks for the advice, cant believe I have only just started using iCal and iSync 🙂

Regards
Tom

Powerbook G4 12 1Ghz

Nokia N73 support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.