Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Connect To 4G Wireless Modem

Hi Everyone.. i am new to this.... my question is, i have a Maxis wireless modem and a Time Capasule 3TB... I am trying to get the internet on my time capsule working from the wireless modem

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 25, 2014 5:36 AM

4 replies

May 25, 2014 1:10 PM in response to AsimKL

Hi again,

The E5776 models are 4G/LTE mobile broadband hotspot devices, using Wi-Fi for the local connection.

These devices do not have an Ethernet port. They do have a USB port.

In order to get Ethernet, one possibility could perhaps be to connect the hotspot to an appropriate dedicated mobile broadband router (with LAN ports) via USB. To begin with, one would have to check whether the USB port of the E5776 version in question can handle data traffic (not only power supply). Also, one would have to find a separate mobile broadband router with support for the hotspot and the mobile network.

Another solution could possibly be the use of an AirPort Express (http://www.apple.com/airport-express/specs/) as an intermediary. The idea would be to somehow try to let the AirPort Express join (connect wirelessly to) the 4G hotspot's Wi-Fi network, and then use the LAN output of the AirPort Express for the connection to the WAN port of the Time Capsule. However, a number of conflicts and configuration issues may appear, so be prepared to experiment

Jan

Time Capsule Connect To 4G Wireless Modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.