Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i put pictures from my laptop onto my ipad mini ?

I have a windows 8 laptop with itunes and i was wondering how do i put pictures from my laptop onto my ipad mini ? I have done this before but i have only been able to do 1 album and then when i try to do another it gets rid of the 1st album i put on there. How do i put more than 1 album onto my ipad mini?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on May 25, 2014 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2014 10:54 AM

Photos that you sync from a computer can't be deleted directly on your iPad, instead they are removed by not including them in the next photo sync - so you need to select and sync all the photos that you want to copy from your computer together in one go.

To sync photos, connect and select your iPad on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (you can enable the sidebar via control-S on a PC), and on the right-hand side of the iTunes screen select the Photos tab and select all the folders that you want to sync.

If your photos are under different parent folders on your computer then there are third-party photo management apps such as Photo Manager Pro which give you more control over copying photos from your computer (and which allow you to delete photos directly in the app).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2014 10:54 AM in response to Pink18

Photos that you sync from a computer can't be deleted directly on your iPad, instead they are removed by not including them in the next photo sync - so you need to select and sync all the photos that you want to copy from your computer together in one go.

To sync photos, connect and select your iPad on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (you can enable the sidebar via control-S on a PC), and on the right-hand side of the iTunes screen select the Photos tab and select all the folders that you want to sync.

If your photos are under different parent folders on your computer then there are third-party photo management apps such as Photo Manager Pro which give you more control over copying photos from your computer (and which allow you to delete photos directly in the app).

May 25, 2014 12:18 PM in response to Pink18

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

 Cheers, Tom 😉

How do i put pictures from my laptop onto my ipad mini ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.