Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guest network doesn’t work in Airport Extreme

Hi,

I've got the newest Airport Extreme and its newest firmwire and software version installed. I want to have two networks: one for my devices (1 iPhone, iPad, 1Macbook pro and an xBox). I have it perfectly configured as a visible network with control access activated and it works smoothly.

but… it's annoying to turn control access off trying to let guests to access to my guest network.

And even then, the active guest network doesn't work properly. I have it configured with password and my friends' devices find the wifi network easily but it doesn't let the devices to enter. I don't know why.

Anyone?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on May 25, 2014 9:32 AM

2 replies

May 27, 2014 6:45 AM in response to Manel Rives

Hi Manel Rives,

If you have your primary network configured with Access Control, you may want to be aware of the following:

If enabled, Access Control lists will apply to both the primary Wi-Fi network and the Guest network. If you use Access Control Lists, you will need to add your guest network clients to the list in order for them to join.

AirPort base stations: About the Guest network feature

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3477

Regards,

- Brenden

Guest network doesn’t work in Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.