Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Migration between 2 current Macs

Hello all,

I had an iMac at home before I went to college and now that I graduated, I now have it again. Before I started school, I transferred everything via firewire from my iMac to my Macbook Pro. Now that I have both again, I would like to transfer everything (music, files, apps) I've accumulated from school on my laptop, to my iMac. I've ran the Migration Assistant and when I get to the screen where it prompts me to choose what I would like to transfer, there is only about 150KB of data (no applications or files). I tried creating a fresh account on the iMac but it did the same thing when I ran the program.

Could this be happening becasue I already did the transfer a couple years ago? If so, are there any other (efficient) ways to transfer data? I really care about the music and important files like resume etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nick

OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 25, 2014 5:03 PM

1 reply

Problem with Migration between 2 current Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.