Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not syncing with 10.9.3, 11.2.1 and 7.1.1

I've updated my MAC to 10.9.3 and iTunes to 11.2.1. My iPhone is updated to 7.1.1. Everything appears to be syncing properly via USB EXCEPT Notes. No notes are syncing. I have dozens of notes on my iphone, but nothing is showing up on my MAC. I don't see anywhere to click notes to be synced. (It appears that my wife's notes are syncing on her mac.)

So, without using the icloud, how do I sync my notes between my iPhone and my MAC?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on May 25, 2014 6:50 PM

13 replies

May 26, 2014 6:20 AM in response to Linc Davis

I don't get it. This isn't email, this is a separate app to make a note. It has nothing to do with email and isn't linked to an email account. I have one email account on my phone and several different email accounts on my computer. So how does email come into play?

Looking at m wife's mac, she has two entries for the same account:

1) looks like a normal email account with name, description, password, enable this account is checked.

2) looks different: name is blank, description, password, Use with .. notes is checked, and an advanced button on the bottom.

I set up both of our computers. I don't have the number 2 option shown. When I try to "add" an account, I don't have the number two option.

We both have the same OSX and same updates ..

What's missing?

May 26, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Linc Davis

What I'm getting at is I don't have an option to have notes as part of an email account. I've looked on my phone and it only has Notes, default account, "on my phone" is checked with no way to uncheck it and no other options.

On my computer, I have email accounts that don't give me the option to check notes as being part of the email account.

How do I get an email account to work with notes?

I've looked everywhere and I don't have an option to add notes to an email account.

May 26, 2014 7:14 AM in response to Linc Davis

I placed the same email account that's on my iphone on my mac and verified it works. I then opened notes and clicked add account. Then I placed the same information I just used to add and verify my email account in mail in the required lines within the Notes add an account. It then starts Verifying the Notes IMAP Server Info .. and never finishes.

What else do I need to do to make an IMAP account work?

May 26, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks Linc, but this isn't helping. Neither I nor my wife will use iCould (even if I wanted to, which I don't, our signal is too poor to depend on iCloud).

My wife's computer is syncing through her comcast email address. It shows two entries for the same email address. How do I get this to happen on my computer so that I can use my comcast email address to sync my notes like it does on my wife's mac?

May 26, 2014 9:38 AM in response to takom

our signal is too poor to depend on iCloud

I'm not sure what that means. If you have Internet access, you can use iCloud. It doesn't need more in the way of signal than any other mail service.

How do I get this to happen on my computer so that I can use my comcast email address to sync my notes like it does on my wife's mac?

You should already see the account in the Internet Accounts preference pane. Check the box marked Notes.

May 26, 2014 11:57 AM in response to Linc Davis

That's the entire issue .. I don't have an option to check anything. She has an option to click Notes for her comcast account (she has one comcast account, but it's there twice .. once for mail and another has an option box that allows Notes to be clicked). I don't have that option under any of my comcast account .. I don't have any options to click .. other than enable this account.

Regarding our signal .. we only have one service available here and it's normally at 1 bar and E. Phone calls don't normally work and the internet is all but unavailable .. iCloud won't work with that. We can only access internet if we enable wifi in the house, but it doesn't work when we're not in the house .. so iCloud is useless to very unreliable at best .. which is useless.

May 28, 2014 8:02 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hello Linc Davis and takom

I have a MacBook (OS X 10.9.3) an iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1.1) and an IMAP account (mail and notes boxes are checked on MacBook). On my iPhone the default account for Notes is set on IMAP.

I am syncing via iTunes 11.2.1. It works for Calendar and Contacts but it does not sync Notes.

I guess a made an error somewhere. Could you please hep me?

Thank you by advance.

Notes not syncing with 10.9.3, 11.2.1 and 7.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.