Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPod shuffle not holding a charge

OK, it's old-- time to get another, or is there something I can do?

iPod shuffle (2nd generation, Late 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 25, 2014 6:00 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2014 9:36 AM in response to KayGee02

Hello there, KayGee02.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some great troubleshooting recommendations for your iPod shuffle:

iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1412

If after troubleshooting you find that the iPod may need service:

Get Service

If you've tried all the appropriate troubleshooting steps above and those found on the iPod shuffle Support page, and have determined that your iPod shuffle needs service, you can request service online. Here's how:

• What you'll needTo request service for your iPod shuffle, you'll need to know its serial number and purchase date. If your iPod is not covered under the terms of the Apple One-Year Limited Warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod, you will be charged a fee for service.Please note that in North America a 29.95 USD shipping and handling fee will apply to all in-warranty repairs that are performed 180 days from your iPod shuffle date of purchase. This fee may not apply in other regions. If you've purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod, you will not be charged a shipping and handling fee.
  • How to get iPod shuffle servicedTo request service, go to the iPod shuffle Repair and Accessory Replacement page and fill out the form at the bottom to request service for your iPod or accessory (including battery service). If you request warranty service through the web and your iPod shuffle qualifies for in-warranty service, Apple will provide you with a replacement iPod shuffle in advance of receiving your defective unit. You will be asked to provide a major credit card to secure the return of the defective iPod shuffle. If you do not return the defective iPod shuffle to Apple within 10 business days of receiving your replacement, Apple will charge you for the replacement. If you don't have a credit card, please schedule a service appointment with an Apple Retail Store.Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Australia customers: If you live in Europe or Asia-Pacific, please take your iPod to a local Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for service. To locate an AASP, go to the main Apple website for your country and click the "Where to Buy" link on the upper-right part of the page. In Australia, you can use the web form to request service or take your iPod to an AASP.Important: When you send your iPod in for repair or battery service, please note that your iPod will be replaced with a functionally equivalent new, used, or refurbished iPod. You will not receive the same iPod that was sent in for service. If you use your iPod shuffle in disk mode and have any data files (other than your music library), make sure that you back up those files before sending in your iPod.
  • What happens when I send iPod shuffle in for service?
    iPod equipment sent in for service is replaced with functionally equivalent new, used, or refurbished iPod equipment. Service is processed through AppleCare's direct mail-in system. You will not receive the same iPod that was sent in for service.
  • Will the files on my iPod be preserved?
    No. Songs and files will not be transferred to your replacement iPod. Make sure that you back up important files and then remove all data from iPod shuffle before sending it to Apple. Apple is not responsible for any data sent to it in connection with service.
  • Is there a way to track my iPod shuffle repair?
    Absolutely. Just go to our Repair Status page any time you want to find out the status of your iPod shuffle repair.

Additional Information

You can find more information about our iPod shuffle service program, including warranty information, AppleCare Protecion Plan, and out-of-warranty pricing, on our iPod shuffle Service FAQ page.

Thanks for reaching out ot Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

My IPod shuffle not holding a charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.