Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Purchased Instrument Sound Missing.

I recently upgraded to Maverics and I can't find my previously purchased Garageband instrument sounds( like Live Horn Section etc..) I already did the basics like

1. GB -> Restore Purchase

2. Reindex all loops. (I did this just in case, but not interested in the loops)

Note: When I do Restore Purchase, the "sound and loop" item appears grayed out. I appreciate any help beforehand. Thanks..

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 25, 2014 10:25 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2014 8:55 AM in response to Aberra_88

Have you accepted GarageBand to your AppleID? If not, the "Restore Purchase" may not be available.

See: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unable to complete in-app purchase

The "Live Horn Section" is part of the Jam Pack 1. The Jam Packs are not included in the in-app purchase, afaik. If you uninstalled GarageBand restore the JamPacks from your backup.

The instruments should be installed in the folder

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

Or reinstall from the installer DVD - not all JamPack installers will run with Mavericks, however.

GarageBand Purchased Instrument Sound Missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.