Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot load keychain, does not text me a code, it is out of warrantee therefore apple do not cover. Where can I look for answers?

I have just updated my ipad software and was offered ' keychain'. As I am a senior user I thought that this would be ideal for security in listing users, passwords etc. I starting through the registering process but when I got to entering my phone number for a pass code to be sent I entered it ok but no text received. I have repeated the operation twice more, same problem. Can I overcome this glitch or is there no other way? I do not feel inclined to spend money for Apple to help!!!

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 26, 2014 6:37 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2014 6:49 AM in response to Macthefoxvn

Hello Macthefoxvn,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

You can take a look at this article to troubleshoot your Keychain issues:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

The following might be most helpful:

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

• Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection on your phone.
  • Check that your phone number is one that can receive SMS messages. You can do this by having someone send you a text message.
  • Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:
    • Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Check Apple System Status to see if there is currently a service outage affecting iCloud Keychain.
  • If you do not have access to a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity for help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Regards,

Jeff D.

I cannot load keychain, does not text me a code, it is out of warrantee therefore apple do not cover. Where can I look for answers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.