Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a nano model a1446 that will not sync with a Bluetooth device

I have a nano model A1446 that will not sync with any Bluetooth device

iPod nano, iOS 7

Posted on May 26, 2014 12:26 PM

9 replies

May 26, 2014 12:47 PM in response to SmokedBacon6754

Because it can connect to the following devices via Bluetooth. Your iPhone and helmet are not compatible.

You can connect your iPod nano to compatible Bluetooth headsets and other accessories, including some hands-free systems in newer cars. You can also connect to a Nike+ sensor or a Bluetooth heart-rate monitor. iPod nano supports A2DP for audio streaming and AVRCP for controlling playback on Bluetooth devices.
Note: FM radio will not play through a Bluetooth accessory.

Pair iPod nano with a Bluetooth device

Important: Read the documentation that came with your Bluetooth device for instructions on its use, on pairing it with other devices, and on optimizing performance.

1. Follow the instructions that came with the device to make it discoverable or set it to search for other Bluetooth devices.
  2. On the Home screen, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  3. Tap Off, to toggle it on. iPod nano should begin searching for available Bluetooth devices.
  4. Tap your device when it appears in the list.

When the pairing is completed, "Connected" will appear below the device name. Some Bluetooth devices require a code to complete the pairing. If you see a screen asking you to enter a code, check the documentation that came with the device, and enter the code provided in the device’s documentation.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5470

May 26, 2014 8:41 PM in response to SmokedBacon6754

If your Nolan Helmet has A2DP Stereo Bluetooth (check their site) then the Nano can pair with it. But if your iPhone or iPod Touch are close to it your helmet will automatically connect with one of those items first and the Nano won't be able to see the helmet to pair.

Turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone and iPod Touch if they are within 33 feet of the helmet, put the helmet in pairing mode then pair the Nano.

The Nano doesn't have to have speakers.

(I checked, the Nolan Bluetooth Kit2 does support A2DP).

I have a nano model a1446 that will not sync with a Bluetooth device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.