Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove TWC wifi agent?

I have a macbook pro with OSX Mavericks lastest updates. I used to have Time Warner Cable but since moving to Colorado I have had Xfinity. Now whenever my laptop boots up TWC-wifi-agent is trying to access the network but the firewall is stopping it giving me a chance to deny service.

How do I remove this program? I have searched for it and come up empty. There is no file there on my computer whose name or meta data has that in it.

Posted on May 26, 2014 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 9:06 AM

Hi there Apple community!

I created a username just to tell everyone how I fixed the problem, because like many of you it was driving me nuts! I am not happy with TWC and their sneaky ways of downloading programs that WILL NOT go away. Okay enough ranting, I opened up the system preferences, went into the security & privacy, firewall options, right clicked on the TWC-WIFI Agent, clicked on "show in finder". This will bring you to a folder called Affinegy, here you will want to delete the file contents, as clicking on "uninstall" will only open terminal and bring you to active applications.

Long story short, spotlight the folder called Affinegy! I was so happy to remove this, hope it helps 🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2014 9:06 AM in response to DevoDan

Hi there Apple community!

I created a username just to tell everyone how I fixed the problem, because like many of you it was driving me nuts! I am not happy with TWC and their sneaky ways of downloading programs that WILL NOT go away. Okay enough ranting, I opened up the system preferences, went into the security & privacy, firewall options, right clicked on the TWC-WIFI Agent, clicked on "show in finder". This will bring you to a folder called Affinegy, here you will want to delete the file contents, as clicking on "uninstall" will only open terminal and bring you to active applications.

Long story short, spotlight the folder called Affinegy! I was so happy to remove this, hope it helps 🙂

How to remove TWC wifi agent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.