Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder preview has changed colour

Hey all,

I recently started to learn Java and was using Eclipse. I downloaded a dark theme fror Eclipse and then removed it due to various bugs, but one has remained. When I am in finder and select the java file I want to open I get the standard thumbnail preview column on the right, this used to be a white background with black font. Now its the dark theme I had in Eclipse.

No matter what program I use to write code, Textwranger, Eclipse, Editra, the preview adopts this dark coloured theme.

Any ideas how to change this back?

Attached screen shot just in case

Cheers

User uploaded file

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on May 26, 2014 1:45 PM

4 replies

May 27, 2014 10:50 AM in response to MrHoffman

thanks for the reply and info, however this is not so much connected to the fixed file icon, but the preview thumbnail itself of that file icon.

As you know that preview will change depending on the file type you have clicked on such as iPhoto logo for iPhoto, PDF;s, textfile will show the actual text before you double click to load it in to its related program. And this a java code file which gives the preview of the code, but instead of the original 2 tone colour its multi coloured.

HTML, CSS, Python are all ok but for some reason the Java files have changed colour which happened at the same time I chnage the Eclipse theme colour which is the main program I use for Java and not the other languages.

Its more annoying as I cant find a way to switch it back, its nice to have the option rather than be stuck with it.

cheers for your help anyways

May 27, 2014 2:31 PM in response to MrHoffman

you little gem ya, why did I not try that before now as I read so many forums says to check the simple things first for other issues.

Yep all fine and back to normal in safe mode in the offending user account, and all fine an back to normal when logged in as another user account.

So now to start looking for the cause.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to where its effecting.

Cheers

Finder preview has changed colour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.