Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally relaunched iPhoto and lost all my photos

I accidently relaunched iPhoto and lost all my photos!!!! How do I get them restored? Or undo the relaunch?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 26, 2014 3:56 PM

10 replies

May 26, 2014 4:23 PM in response to Kiowa Rain

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 9 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

May 26, 2014 7:04 PM in response to Kiowa Rain

Yes you absolutely do, not having any backup is extremely poor computing. You probably use your computer for other things than just photos, like maybe your finances, or other important information. Working without a backup will eventually come back and bite you when you accidentaly erase something or even worse when your hard disk crashes. iCloud won't help you then!

iCloud is there to make your data available to you on multiple devices, not to be a backup solution.

May 26, 2014 10:35 PM in response to Kiowa Rain

Do I really need to back up everything in the time machine (I've never used it) if I have iCloud? My photo library restored itself within 10 minutes.

iCloud does not bstore your photos permanently. It streams newly added photos to your devices, but will remove older photos from iCloud after a month or when the limit of 1000 photos i reached. You have to download photos from the photo strem to your iPhoto Library and to backup the iPhoto library, if you want to keep your photos.

I accidentally relaunched iPhoto and lost all my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.