Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Mozilla Thunderbird from Mac Pro 10.9.3

Good evening everyone. I am new to Apple and the Mac enviroment coming over from Windows 🙂

I installed Mozilla Thunderbird and am not sure how to remove it completely from my system.

Can someone please let me know step by step what I need to do to remove Mozilla Thunderbird from my Mac as I don't like it's UX and will most likly never use it.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 26, 2014 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Drag the Thunderbird App Icon from your Applications Folder to the Trash and then Empty the Trash.

Optionally Control click on the Thunderbird App Icon in your Applications Folder, select Move to Trash and then Empty the Trash.

8 replies

May 26, 2014 4:39 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you den.thed

Two questions:

When I clicked on the Thunderbird App Icon within the Dock and draged it over to the trash bin it disappeared without me needing to empty the trash. Is that what is suppose to happen or was that a "shortcut" like in windows and the Thunderbird App Icon that suppose to be removed located elsewhere?

Once i complete these two things is there any other files that need to be deleted? It seems other forums state that there may be files within the library but I couldn't find anything within it.

Thanks again for all your help.

May 26, 2014 5:23 PM in response to den.thed

Just checked and it's not there. Looks like I removed it earlier.

Thanks again for all your help den.thed. Much appriciate the time, screenshots and links you provided me above🙂

So I take it once the App is removed from withinApplications in Finder all related files are also gone and there's nothing left like in Windows systems? Simliar to an iPhone?

Thanks again den.thed

Nov 29, 2016 7:55 AM in response to doracle

Here is the full answer so not to leave the Thunderbird folder in your Library folder:

Uninstalling Thunderbird in Mac OS X

1. Open a new window in the Finder.
  2. In the Applications folder, right-click Thunderbird.app. A menu appears.
  3. Select Move to Trash.
  4. In your user Library, right-click the Thunderbird folder. A menu appears.
  5. Select Move to Trash.

Credit: http://write.flossmanuals.net/thunderbird/removing-thunderbird/

How to remove Mozilla Thunderbird from Mac Pro 10.9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.