Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate the numeric keypad?

I'm wondering how to activate the numeric keypad. And before you tell me to hit the numlock key, I don't have one. I think I have an apple keyboard that came with my emac (model A1048) Just for info. So what's the solution?

emac, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2006 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2006 7:20 AM

The 'Clear' key on the numeric keypad (between the 7 and volume down keys) is the Num Lock key. It won't necessarily light up; see Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4: Num Lock light doesn't turn on.

The numeric keypad by default is in numeric mode; you may want to check System Preferences> Universal Access> Mouse tab and confirm that MouseKeys is turned off.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2006 7:20 AM in response to trekcat

The 'Clear' key on the numeric keypad (between the 7 and volume down keys) is the Num Lock key. It won't necessarily light up; see Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4: Num Lock light doesn't turn on.

The numeric keypad by default is in numeric mode; you may want to check System Preferences> Universal Access> Mouse tab and confirm that MouseKeys is turned off.

How to activate the numeric keypad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.