Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7 update on an iPhone & now text/imessage issues

We just updated my husband's iphone 5 to IOS 7. We share an apple ID. We've never had an issue before...but after the update text messages to his phone number (from other iPhones) are coming to MY phone & not his. I've attempted to change some settings (including shutting off iMessage on his phone), but he still doesn't get my texts. I've altered the "Send & Receive" setting in Messages (under Settings), this doesn't change the result of him getting texts/imessages. What happened & if he gets his own apple ID, will that mean we can no longer share a calendar? That's key...need to share the iCal on our devices (which includes 3 iPads, an iMac, a MacBook Air, and 2 iPhones).

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 26, 2014 9:09 PM

9 replies

May 26, 2014 9:30 PM in response to jayhox

This is not the right way to use/share Apple ID.

1. You can share purchases using the purchasing Apple ID in Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID: > here.

Note: Recommended in a household so no need to re-purchase apps, movies, books and music.

2. Settings > iCloud > Account > Apple ID here > Find My iPhone: ON

Note: If each of you have their own Apple ID, each will have 5GB free, otherwise all will be using this same 5GB.

You can use the same (complex) passoword even if you are using a different Apple ID so no big deal to use their own Apple ID for FMiP.

May 26, 2014 9:44 PM in response to ckuan

ckuan,

Thank you for your time in answering my many questions....I don't think this is quite what we want to do, as this would require me physically moving pictures from my camera roll into the set up photo stream. Right now, pictures taken from my phone or his end up on our iMac & the photo stream there where we can file them into folders. If I have to set up a seperate photo stream for him, it's a more concious effort than just having it automatically happen. This may be the end to my love affiar with my iPhone...😕

IOS 7 update on an iPhone & now text/imessage issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.