Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting a bluetooth headset on a macbook pro

Hi,

I have been trying to connect my Plantronics Backbeat Go2 headset via bluetooth on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.3 but I have had no luck. I click on the bluetooth meanu and the only options are "send files to device", "Browse files on device", turning the bluetooth on/off, and "open bluetooth preferences". So I go to the bluetooth preferences and it doesn't seem to be able to pick up or discover any bluetooth devices at all, even if they are on. This has happened to all other bluetooth devices that I have tryid to connect to the Macbook.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 26, 2014 8:53 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 6:38 AM in response to BLCKCRSTLMishka1

This seems to be a software problem with Yosemite and MacBook Pros. I am currently running 10.10.4. My MacBook Pro (2012, non-retina) simply will not discover any Bluetooth device. Interestingly, I do have a partition via Boot Camp for windows and when booted into Windows 7, the Bluetooth worked just fine and I am able to discover and pair devices while in Windows using my MacBook Pro. My iMac works just fine. Seems to be affecting MacBook Pros only. .

connecting a bluetooth headset on a macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.