Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the Safe Mac Adware Removal Tool safe to use?

I use Mavericks OS X 10.9.3. Is "The Safe Mac Adware Removal Tool" safe to use?

Posted on May 26, 2014 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2014 9:36 PM

Yes.

(107327)

16 replies

Jul 26, 2014 6:38 AM in response to Angel Llorente

I was having all sorts of problems with ads on my macbook pro. I downloaded adblock which didn't do a thing! So after another Google search (with annoying ads!) I came across this Removal Tool and thought 'what the ****' it can't be any worse than the ads!

Thank goodness I downloaded it! Straight away it removed something straight to the Trash (can't remember what it was something like 'devilit????) which I immediately emptied and BINGO! my mac is back to how it was!

Thank you thank you thank you 'The Safe Mac' New Adware Removal Tool'

Go and download if you're having trouble with ads!

And because it saved me from heartache and tears I made a $10 donation!

Aug 3, 2014 6:08 AM in response to Kidbriar

I just used Safe Mac and they are miracle workers. I was too chicken to download their app so I followed the directions to remove the adware myself. Their directions were clear, easy to follow and worked beautifully. Now I'm back to normal! It was something called vsearch that seemed to be the culprit. It took about 20 minutes.

When I opened Google Chrome a few days ago, a pop up appeared claiming to be Google Chrome wanting me to update my Video software. Because it appeared to be Chrome, I trusted it although something made me think it was a little fishy. I should have trusted my gut.

Shortly after that, I started having pop-ups with every few clicks on Chrome. My pop up blocker wasn't working no matter how hard I tried. Of course, many of the pop ups were about cleaning up your Mac or boosting it's performance.

Thank you, Safe Mac! It's so wonderful to have quality resources like you when I need help.

I am also making a donation. Their service saved me so much time and heartache.

By the way, this is the first comment I've posted here and I had to make an account to do it!

Is the Safe Mac Adware Removal Tool safe to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.