Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook wont start -- have to reset SMC and PRAM

Hi,

Sometimes, when I try to switch on the laptop, it wont start.. Nothing happens.

After reseting the PRAM and SMC, it comes up. But the issue is for the last 3days, I have to do this everytime.

Can you help me out on this one? Sometimes, I had to wait for like 5-7 minutes and then I have to switch on the laptop after reseting.

I dont know, whether it is affecting my laptop h/w.

I bought this 5months ago. its Macbook Air Mid 2013 model.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 26, 2014 8:16 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2014 10:57 AM in response to tcpipv6

Hello there, tcpipv6.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up a good number of steps to try for troubleshooting issues with your MacBook not turning on:

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1367

If your computer won't turn on, try each of these steps:

1. Verify you have a good connection from your Mac to the wall outlet by confirming the power cord and adapter if present are securely connected and plugged in. To check if the wall outlet is working, plug in a lamp or other electrical device.
  2. If the wall outlet is working and you continue to have no power try another power cord or adapter if available. If it works you may need a replacement cord or adapter.
    Note: See Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters for further troubleshooting with MagSafe adapters.
  3. Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to the computer, such as a printer, hub, or other mobile device.
  4. If your Mac supports user-installable memory, solid state drive, or hard drive, and you recently installed any of these, make sure they are installed correctly and are compatible with your computer. If possible, reinstall the original memory or drive into the computer to find out if the behavior persists afterwards.
  5. Reset the SMC.
  6. If you are still unable to start up your computer after trying each of these steps, visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).Note: Diagnostic fees may apply for issues not covered under warranty or the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP).

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Macbook wont start -- have to reset SMC and PRAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.