Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes onlys starts in safe mode but I have no plugins

Heya

Since the last upgrade, my itunes shuts down on startup. It opens fine in safe mode. The only solution that I found for this was to check and uninstal any plugins but I don't have any installed. I checked in the relevant folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins) but that folder is empty. I also tried re-installing but it didn't change anything.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks

Aaron

Windows 7, itunes version 11.2.0.115

Posted on May 26, 2014 8:40 PM

2 replies

May 29, 2014 6:53 AM in response to nabufe

Hello nabufe,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Great job troubleshooting so far why it's only starting up in safe mode. There is another location where plug-ins can be found:

• Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: C:\Users\username\App Data\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins\
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\Plug-ins
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins\
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\Plug-ins

iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3430

Take care,

Alex H.

May 29, 2014 8:16 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex,

thanks for the reply. I had checked in that location as well and didn't find anything. I do not have any plugins installed. Just a second ago, I started itunes again and it didn't shut down. It did tell me to log into my iCloud account again "because my iCloud session expired" and I recently changed my password (which was also one of the suggested fixes). Once I logged in, itunes tries accessing the store and shuts down. If I don't log into icloud (just hit cancel), everything works fine.

So it seems to be an issue with the icloud or itunes store...

Aaron

itunes onlys starts in safe mode but I have no plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.