Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my itunes has stopped recognising outlook

I got a new PC with Office 2013 - transfered all contatcs , calendars etc to the new PC and version of office. Everything worked okay in terms o dsyncing with my iphone 4s until Friday afternoon after I' done an Itunes update .

Now itunes doens't even recognise that I'm connected to Outlook .

Whats the Problem ??

Philip

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1, Outlook 2013

Posted on May 27, 2014 1:27 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2014 6:28 AM in response to Philip Clonattin

Hey there Phillip Clonattin,

It sounds like you are suddenly not seeing the option to sync from Outlook after recently transferring your data to a new computer, but it did work very recently. I would use the troubleshooting from the following article to help resolve the issue here:

Troubleshooting Sync Services on Windows with Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2776

Start with these 2 steps from the article, and work your way down until the issue is resolved.

Make sure your software is up to date

It is recommended that you use the latest version of your software:

Back up your data

Refer to this Microsoft article for steps to back up the data in your PST file used by Microsoft Outlook 2003 or Microsoft Outlook 2007. This Microsoft article explains where the Microsoft Outlook 2010 data files are located.

For information about backing up the data in your OST file, contact your Exchange Administrator. Your OST file should be on the server and backed up when the server is backed up.

Before troubleshooting, it is recommended that you make a copy of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch backup in a safe place. For more information about where to find the backup and what information it contains, refer to About backups.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

my itunes has stopped recognising outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.