Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

running windows 7 only on a macbook pro

Can anyone tell me if I can run only windows 7 on my macbook pro ?

Will all the apple hardware like the usb, speakers, track pad etc will work properly with windows 7?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 27, 2014 5:02 AM

4 replies

May 27, 2014 5:21 AM in response to pranavwarke

Yes it will work, but I strongly recommend keeping a copy on a clone of the Mac operating system, in addition to the original 10.6 installer disc that came with the computer. If you are missing that disc, call AppleCare now before they don't have stock of it since starting in October 2011, Apple no longer supplied prebundled installer discs with MacBook Pros and relied totally on the internet for software installation. Carbon Copy Cloner or Superduper both do the job to an external hard drive and make it bootable. You can also run Windows and Mac OS X without rebooting between one and the other using other virtualization options here:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2741

One of the great advantages of having a Mac is native legal support of more than one operating system.

running windows 7 only on a macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.