Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't open google or gmail

Hi.

Safari won't open any site from Google, as YT, GMail...nothing...
Already clean my cookies, reset the conection.

Tks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 27, 2014 5:08 AM

14 replies

Nov 19, 2017 8:51 PM in response to ablayne

What worked??? I'm desperate to get this fixed. I can't put anything in ANY search bar as nothing is working. Can't even download the latest Apple update! This is happening on my iPhone 7. My MacBook and iPad mini are working ok, hence being able to get on here!...... For now.

Please advise.. Anyone. 😕😢😟

I'm a 63 year old technically challenged person (to a degree) so any technical lingo won't work for me!

Nov 20, 2017 8:58 AM in response to Marcelo29

FOR ME, it was an issue of incorrect internal date and time, which blocked syncing with the google server when trying to open Gmail in Safari. My MBP had been asleep for a few weeks, and for some reason when fired back up, wouldn't sync it's internal clock. I didn't know this was the issue until I tried opening Gmail in Chrome, which then told me that was the problem.

I then opened Date and Time Preferences, unlocked it for changes, and then it automatically synced itself. Then Gmail opened right away in Safari.

Jan 18, 2015 7:04 AM in response to griff w

I have same problem. I do not have any third party applications or extensions installed. I cannot sign on to Google mail or access you Tube. I have reinstalled Java, and have also reinstalled Yosemite, doesn’t work. Used to work until the last Apple Yosemite update.

There is software flaw and Apple is conveniently ignoring it. I am about ditch Safari forever.

<Edited by Host>

Jun 14, 2016 8:33 AM in response to flamingos4

I have no idea why this worked. I had tried everything, for days, to try to figure out what was going on. I fought with DNS and Sonicwalls and host files and inbox prompts, and this seriously is the first thing that's worked in three days.

BUT.

It only worked for my server. The client machines still aren't getting any results.

Oct 25, 2016 7:11 AM in response to Marcelo29

Hello,

I just ran also into this issue a couples of hours ago. I saw that safari claimed that some certificate from google.com is expired. After doing some checks I have remember that this morning I have intentionally altered the date of my mac for some tests and I have forgot to set it back to the current date. After doing that, the error has disappear and everything works fine.

You may check yours date also, just to eliminate this possible track.

Regards..

Safari won't open google or gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.