Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro OSX v10.8.5 can't use Canon Scanner 9950F

My son just gave me this MacBook Pro. I bought a Canon scanner 9950F on ebay and when it arrived I found out that it doesn't work with the MacBook Pro. What can I do to get it working? Thanks very much!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 27, 2014 2:09 PM

7 replies

May 27, 2014 2:44 PM in response to bookahtoo

If the computer won't read the disc, look up the Canon web page for the scanner and see if they have a Mountain Lion-compatible version of the scanner software that you can download. Because if you can download the installer you won't need a disc at all.

When I get hardware like a scanner, I often go to the web site even if the disc does work, in case the website has a more recent version than they put in the box.

May 28, 2014 12:34 PM in response to bookahtoo

I see. Looks like it's a few years old and Canon stopped supporting it. I don't know how to make Image Capture see the scanner.

I use VueScan software to drive my very old scanner. It does cost money but it's quality software.

VueScan support for Canon 9950F

I also looked at Silverfast which also supports lots of scanners, but it says support for the 9950F stopped 2 versions ago so the version they sell now doesn't support it.

MacBook Pro OSX v10.8.5 can't use Canon Scanner 9950F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.