Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won't stop vibrating when plugged into my Macbook. All software is up to date. iTunes just gives me an error. No problems when plugged into a PC. Why the nonstop vibrating!?

My iPhone won't stop vibrating when plugged into my Macbook. All software is up to date. iTunes just gives me an error. No problems when plugged into a PC. Why the nonstop vibrating!?

iPhone 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 27, 2014 2:37 PM

16 replies

Jan 5, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

When I connect it to my iMac (with up-to-date OS X Yosemite 10.9.5) - it doesn't work.

Specifically - iTunes automatically launches, but then quickly shows a dialog window that says, "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone. This device is no longer connected."

Meanwhile - on my iPhone - in the upper right-hand corner (where the battery life is displayed) - you can see the "plugged in" icon (lightening bolt) rapidly blinking on and off.

In other words - it seems like, when it's plugged in - it's rapidly connecting and disconnecting (several times per second).

If I click "OK" on that dialog window on iTunes - it instantly pops back up, and continues to do so as long as I keep the iPhone plugged in.

I have tried all and stile did not resolve my problem. I tried to restart both devices, try different cable (I have original cable). Both devices are new and software's are update it on latest versions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jan 5, 2015 1:26 PM in response to KiltedTim

Can't be a bad port because I just buy a new iMac.

I have original iPhone cable and its the same cable that I already used on my old iPhone.

I just buy another iPhone 5s because last one is under water :-(

So, I checked the updates for the iPhone and it says that its updated ....?

I really don't know what to try else?

I need to connect this devices because I need to check what's happen with iCloud. I just got contacts on new iPhone but there is no photos... Photo Stream was turned on and I had other apps that I don't have on new one.

Any other idea?

thanks

Jul 4, 2015 8:41 PM in response to YoLew

This has happened to me on a few occasions - in all cases, the issue was that the cable I was using was going bad. They typically go bad after awhile especially if you happen to use them at angles (that is, the angle between the USB plug part or lightning port part and the rest of the cable) sometimes just holding the first few inches of either cable straight will stop the vibrating - in essence, it's connecting, then disconnecting, then connecting and so on.

Aug 27, 2015 2:20 PM in response to TX_DZD

I have the same issue! Brand new MacBook pro with Yosemite and 6 month old iphone 6 !

Very frustrating!

The same iphone 6 works with any other computer, be it PC or my previous Max AND the same USB cable, but won't work with my new Mac with Yosemite iOS. So it can't be a cable problem.

Other USB devices work fine with the same USB ports (USB sticks, USB hard drives etc)

Q: We are at an Apple sponsored forum. How come Apple is not even commenting on these threads?

TIA

Jul 15, 2016 2:04 AM in response to D.Web

I had the same problem and I got my problem fixed through my research. Glad that I live here in Japan because the Apple tech support here has the solution for it. First, disconnect all of your iOS devices from your Mac. And Quit your iTunes. Go to your Finder and click the "Go" above. And then click the "Enclosing Folder." After that you will see many blue folders and click the folder that says "db." Then there will be another set of blue folders will appear.. Choose and click the "lockdown" folder. After that click the "Edit" above and choose "Select All." After you selected them all click "Move to Trash." After that try to connect your iPhone again! It worked for me! Hoping that it would work for you too and for the people who are having the same problem! God bless!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.