Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.9.3 Core 2 Duo & Pro Tools 11

I recently purchased Pro Tools 11 in hopes that it would solve my OS X/Pro Tools compatibility issue and I am still not getting clear audio through my mbox 2. I spoke with Avid Pro Tools support and they stated that this is a known issue when running Pro Tools 11 on a Macbook with a Core 2 Duo processor. I just recently upgraded to OS X 10.9.3 to see if the issue was resolved yet and I am still having the same problem.

My question is ... should I just bounce back to Mountain Lion?? OR wait it out in hopes that the next software upgrade will have the problem fixed??

I have not been able to record music since last November when I went to OS X Mavericks and even recently paid for a Pro Tools upgrade from 9 to 11 to record ...

Please help or guide me in the right direction.

Thx Much for your Time and Hope to hear back soon!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 27, 2014 4:53 PM

4 replies

May 27, 2014 9:04 PM in response to thanewag

No one knows.

Apple fixes bugs they know about, and presumably Avid and Apple have been in contact, but it also depends on whether the issue is truly on Apple's end or whether Avid is simply passing the buck.

Avid's take on at least this issue seems like a bit of handwaving, as they should know exactly what's not working and why, especially given their statment here that (emboldening mine):

"Previous MacBook Pro models (Core 2 Duo and earlier) are not qualified or recommended for use with Pro Tools 11."

In short, if running Pro Tools is important for you on your Core 2 Duo machine, you'll need to go back to Mountain Lion and use Pro Tools 10.3.8.

OS X 10.9.3 Core 2 Duo & Pro Tools 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.