Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App automatically installed in my iPhone 5

Hi guys,

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. I have been experiencing some weird thing these days in my 2 iPhone 5 (mine and my gf's). And here is what happened:

One day, I found an app appeared in my iPhone and my gf's, which I never installed, it's called "PP手机助手", and it looks like a Chinese app. So I deleted.

Few days later, I saw another app appeared, which looks like a game "乱世之刃2" (see the second attachment, the last app).

So this time, I decided to check my cell phone, and I found two unusual things in my phone under: General -> Profiles. One is called Com737, and another is called PPAppInstaller (see the first attachment).

I thought these are the reasons.

Both of our iPhones have iOS 7.11, bought through AT&T, no jailbreak, and have been using for more than a year.

I only connect my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, which has OS X 10.9.3, and there is no any weird apps installed (definitely no app like PP or something), and I can be sure my system is clean as I am usually careful and don'd install unknown apps. I also regularly check my system to make sure no unknown app is running in the background.

Hope anyone could tell me why this could happen, as I see iOS as a pretty robust and safe system, and should never have any app installed automatically.

Thanks,

Jerry

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 27, 2014 5:55 PM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2014 2:15 AM in response to Jerryxe

Well Profiles is for VPN profiles and/or managed device profiles, have you been using a VPN? Are your phones managed by your employer or somesuch?

If not, I'd delete those profiles asap, it looks like someone has found a way to setup rogue VPNs/management profiles on your phones. No idea how, but maybe you've been stung by a driveby hack to Safari or somesuch? I'd also suggest you reset to factory defaults and then restore from a backup taken from before you noticed the strange apps appear.

I'd also change your Apple ID passwords and other critical account passwords immediately, no telling what info they've slurped up by now.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5974

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1424

App automatically installed in my iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.