Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Profile under my General settings on my iPad

Can someone please explain why when I click on General under settings and just under iTunes Wi-Fi Sync, and VPN there is a Profile listed which to the right says InHouse. I have never noticed this before so I clicked and what opened was a gear icon Inhouse the has the word Verified in GREEN. There is a Remove in Red to the right side. Also a Received date and a Expires date.

What does this mean and is it safe to delete it?

iOS 7.0.3

Posted on May 27, 2014 11:20 PM

9 replies

May 28, 2014 9:38 AM in response to robdrage

Thank you for responding. I can rule out the first part of your reply since the iPad is mine and has nothing to do with any company. So control by anyone other than myself is not possible. It seems odd that there is a name associated, and a verification in green that has a check mark next to it. Today I began to wonder if this is some how related with a Seagate app when used lets me Bluetooth connect to a portable drive. There is a delete box in red but without knowing what will be deleted, for now I'm holding off in case someone else has an idea what this is.

Jun 2, 2014 1:24 PM in response to Topjack

If the device is yours, and not explicitly set up for a business or school network, deleting it not likely at all to cause any problems. If it is related to the Seagate app, the worse that would happen is that you would lose that connection and it would be relatively easy to reinstall. I have a number on my devices related to installed fonts.

Have you checked the Seagate support site to see it it is related to that?

Oct 7, 2016 8:24 AM in response to Topjack

Just returned from Germany to the US where I swapped a German SIM card into the phone. Turns out this created just such a profile as described. Upon returning and swapping my Verizon sim back into the phone the calling worked but not the mobile data (WIFI worked all fine). Three hours of service calls no solution. Then a clever ATT guy, I was ready to give up on Verizon, just went to this profile, deleted it and the world was back in order.

What is Profile under my General settings on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.