Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to iTunes store

Since the update to 11.2. the login to iTunes store is not working anymore. Even I can connect into the store, I don't have access to my account nor can I buy anything. What's the problem?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 28, 2014 5:17 AM

3 replies

May 30, 2014 6:46 AM in response to nickname-again

Hi nickname-again,

Although this article talks about using an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store, it has a section about Fixing Apple ID issues at the bottom. See if your Apple ID works with the Mac App Store for example and troubleshoot your Apple ID if it doesn't work.

Using an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, and iBooks Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2589

Best,

Nubz

May 30, 2014 7:29 AM in response to Nubz N.

Hi Nubz N.,

Thank you very much for your try to help me out! I tried to fix the problem that way, but unfortunately iTunes Store did not even let me to create a new account. Every time I try to connect, it says: "please make sure that the date of your computer is correct amd that the cookies from iTunes Store are accepted" (this may not be the literal wording; just a rough translation from German).

This is so weird, because on the front page of the iTunes Store, I can even see my Apple ID and also the correct money on my account. But then iTunes keeps asking me to enter the password in order to allow the automatical downloads. Also, when I try to see my wishlist or when I try to buy something, I seem not to be connected. So how can that be - I am kind of logged in, but not fully logged in whenever I try to use the store?!

However, I tried already to settle the date issue by dating the date & time settings at some point into the future and then putting it back by using the default setting. Then, I added manually iTunes to the firewall list. But this didn't help either.

Mac App Store, however has no problems at all and works just fine. I can enter my account there and everything. Something seems to be wrong with my iTunes or the store. Actually, what I'd really like is to downgrade it back to iTunes 10, because back than I had no problems at all...

Do you have any other ideas perhaps?

Thank you so much in any case - it's already nice that there is somebody out there taking up the concern and accompanying me!

Best!

Login to iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.