Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AE drops internet connectivity to Apple products

I have an Airport Extreme base station connected to a Motorola Surfvoard 6121 to connect to Comcast, and Airport Express extending my network. My wi-fi network drops internet to all Apple products on my network about every 3 hours, but PC remains connected. I have reset my AE, Express, Motorola Surfboard 6121, and all computers. The quick fix is to unplug AE every 3 hours and plug it back in, but I would like to fix the actual problem. Comcast says if I have any computers that can get internet access through my wi-fi then the issue is with the AE. AE user guide says to do a hard reset, which I have done several times with no success. I also have a 1-year old Airport Express which I use to extend my network. I have tried using it as the connection to the Motorola but it drops the connection to Apple products as well. I think it the issue must be between the AE and Motorola, but having reset both several times I'm at a loss for what to do next. I've read many fora and tried just about everything suggested. Any new help/ideas welcome.

MacBook

Posted on May 28, 2014 6:59 AM

1 reply

AE drops internet connectivity to Apple products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.