Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail: Smart Mailboxes hiding emails on different devices.

Hi

I use Mac Mail on three different devices: On my Macbook Pro, 20" iMac and my iPhone.

On my MacBook Pro I have a smart mailbox within my Mail application. This is solely for my bosses emails so all emails I receive from her are visible within this mailbox.

When using Mac Mail on either the iMac or my iPhone my bosses emails simply do not show up - It's like I dont receive emails from her. I am only able to receive emails from her when using Mail on my MacBook. I get emails from everyone else perfectly on all devices. It's simply down to this smart mailbox, which is set to only include emails from her email address.

Is there any way to change the settings to still have this smart mailbox on my MacBook and be able to see/read the same emails on my other devices?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 28, 2014 7:49 AM

8 replies

May 29, 2014 1:47 AM in response to dianeoforegon

Hi thanks for your reply!

It's definitely a smart mailbox, it's the "Pamela Hargreaves" mailbox as you can see below:

User uploaded file

The Friends & Family, insurance etc folders work fine and still show up on all devices. It's only the smart mailbox that seems to 'hide' my mail from her on my other devices.

The account is an IMAP account.

I'll have a look into the VIP service. Can't find the option with my Mail at the moment but i'll give it a quick Google and see what I can do.

Thanks for your input so far.

Alex

May 29, 2014 10:25 AM in response to alex mullen

Let's see if we can work through your problem.

A Smart folder's contents will NOT sync to other devices. It's a way to view messages on one device.

An IMAP folder will sync to other devices. IMAP folders do NOT show up under "On My Mac".

A folder under "On My Mac" will not sync to other devices.

The Friends & Family, insurance etc folders work fine and still show up on all devices. It's only the smart mailbox that seems to 'hide' my mail from her on my other devices.

The account is an IMAP account.

The Friends & Family folders exist only as it states "On My Mac". They do NOT sync. If you move messages to these folders the changes will not be reflected on other devices. While you can create the same "On My Mac" folders on multiple devices, they are not created via the server.

Please verify that both your accounts types. I suspect at least one is set as POP on this computer.

Open Mail > Preferences > Accounts > select account > you should see account type

User uploaded file

You need to assign the Alex XIVVI folders.

User uploaded file

Mac Mail: Smart Mailboxes hiding emails on different devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.