Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sync Notes between Mac (OS X 10.9.3) an iPhone without iCloud?

Hello everyone. I would like to sync Notes between a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.3) an iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1.1) without using iCloud.

I am syncing calendar and contacts via iTunes 11.2.1 and it works well. I have an IMAP account with mail and notes boxes checked. On my iPhone the default account for Notes is set on IMAP. But notes sycing does not work. Can someone help me? Thanks by advance. 🙂

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 28, 2014 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2014 8:35 AM

You cannot.

15 replies

May 28, 2014 2:26 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for your answers. I understood that I had to use an IMAP mail server.

I have created an IMAP account in Internet Accounts on my MacBook (with Mavericks) and on my iPhone but when I sync via itunes 11.2.1 (1) it works for calendar and contacts but not for notes.

All my Notes are on my MacBook now. When I sync via iTunes, the notes appear in the Mail app on iPhone (it looks like emails) but they don't appear in the Notes app.

Do you know what I could do?

May 28, 2014 2:42 PM in response to abelie

abelie wrote:

Thanks for your answers. I understood that I had to use an IMAP mail server.

I have created an IMAP account in Internet Accounts on my MacBook (with Mavericks) and on my iPhone but when I sync via itunes 11.2.1 (1) it works for calendar and contacts but not for notes.

Because Notes are not sync'd locally using iTunes.

They are sync'd thru the iMap mail account.

You don't want to use iCloud (or anything like it) but that's exactly what syncing thru an iMap account is doing.

Do you know what I could do?

I explained how to do it above.

Also, see this -> http://www.evilbox.ro/iphone/iphone-sync-notes-with-imap-email/

How can I sync Notes between Mac (OS X 10.9.3) an iPhone without iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.