Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring photos

I want to transfer photos from macbook pro to iPad air. (Too many to email) Have done it by syncing, and then tried to transfer another folder of photos, only for it to replace the first folder. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 28, 2014 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2014 9:43 AM

You must select both for sync, sync will remove anything that is not marked, which is why it appeared as a replace.

4 replies

May 28, 2014 9:46 AM in response to lagavulin45

You can only sync one Folder of Photos to the iPad through iTunes. Selecting a different one will replace the one on the iPad with the new one.

You can merge all your folders into one with one level of subfolders and then sync that parent folder. The subfolders will turn into Albums on the iPad.

This only works for one level of folders though. Any other subfolders inside the previous level will be ignored and the photos in them will simply be placed into their parent album.

May 28, 2014 3:29 PM in response to lagavulin45

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

 Cheers, Tom 😉

transferring photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.