Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers iCloud not updating on Mac - 'Waiting'

I have an iPhone, iPad and Mac at home and Mac at Work, all running latest iOS, OS X and iWork. One Mac will not upload to iCloud.

What I have tried

I have checked Document and Data turned on, options for Numbers are switched on.

I have tried opening and adding a small change and saving to kick start a change.

I can drag from desktop to Safari and it updates.

I can create new on iPhone and ipad and edit on each other and also see in Safari but my home Mac doesn't work with them now.

Possible causes

I did reset iCloud documents and data and followed steps with a restart because 1password was not (and still is not working on this Mac).

I have updated to latest Mavericks and run Onyx could this have caused this issue?

What I see on the rogue Mac

In the icon view of the Numbers iCloud folder, there is the icon of a cloud and the word 'Waiting' this has been there for a while now

Any help much appreciated

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 28, 2014 10:04 AM

6 replies

May 30, 2014 9:37 AM in response to braden85

Hi thanks for the info but actually that page doesn't really cover it. I did solve the issue which was annoying, see this

User uploaded file

Each file icon has the dreaded dotted cloud underneath and 'Waiting'. I realised that the whole of Numbers was blocked on one mac but working on another mac and an iPhone and iPad.

The solution was to turn off 'Documents and Data' in iCloud in the System preferences. Then shut down. Then restart and then turn on 'Documents and Data' in iCloud in the System preferences again.

Then the data had to be downloaded all over again which took ages. I had also had problems with 1Password which had been going on for a while before I noticed/ needed Numbers and those issues were sorted out at the same time but, similarly, took ages to re-download as well.

I haven't used Pages or keynote in the last few days from this Mac but will probably have to open both apps up a day or so in advance of needing to use them so they too can download again.

Oh well, so long as there is a solution in the end. I hope this is useful information for anyone in a similar position

Numbers iCloud not updating on Mac - 'Waiting'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.