Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My garageband help center is in Chinese how can i get help in english

when asking for help while using garage band it takes me to the garage help center but its in chinese i guess, not english, all other help center choices are all in english excep garage band can someone help me.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 7.1.1, garage band help desk

Posted on May 28, 2014 2:02 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2014 2:09 PM in response to Dako525

What is your GarageBand version?

For GarageBand 10 the English version of the Help is here:

http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/?lang=en

And for the older GarageBand '11 here:

http://help.apple.com/garageband/index.html?lang=en#button-0

GarageBand is supposed to use the primary language you set in the System Preferences > Language & Region tab.

Have you tried to change this setting and then to restart the system?

May 28, 2014 2:33 PM in response to léonie

thanks for helping i have the new latest virson 10 the one you posted is right but how do i make it so that the help icon on my garage band is in english ? the one you posted even has a place to change the language where the one I have installed to my gerage band is in Japanise. and no option to change the language everything else is in english its not a japaniese virsion of the software just the help it wasnt like that before i upgraded it can you help me with that?

May 28, 2014 2:49 PM in response to Dako525

When the graphical user interface is using a wrong language, it may be caused by corrupted Preferences files.

Try, if removing GarageBand's preference files will help. Remove these files from your User Library to a folder on your Desktop:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist

~/Library/Caches/garageband

Quit the AppStore and GarageBand, then remove the files to a folder on the Desktop and restart the computer, before trying again to open GarageBand.

You user library may still be hidden, as is the default in Mavericks: To open your hidden user library:

• Select the "Home" folder icon (the little house) in the Finder's sidebar and press the key combination ⌘J to open the "view options".
  • Enable "Show Library Folder".
  • Then open the Home folder and open the Library folder inside and navigate to the Preferences, Caches, or Containers folder. Remove these folders completely - don't leave anything inside: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/,
    ~/Library/Caches/garageband

User uploaded file

My garageband help center is in Chinese how can i get help in english

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.