Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer won't boot up! A screen shows up with exclamation mark!!! What now?

My MacBook Pro won't boot up! I get an exclamation mark in front of a globe and below that "apple.com/support -2002F" any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 28, 2014 2:41 PM

3 replies

May 28, 2014 6:05 PM in response to shamsiii

shamsiii,

my guess would be that it’s trying to redownload your MacBook Pro’s original version of OS X (presumably Lion) from Apple’s servers, because it’s unable to detect a valid filesystem on your MacBook Pro — but that it isn’t able to download it because your wi-fi connection doesn’t support WPA or WPA2 security.

Are you currently able to boot into your recovery partition, by holding down ⌘R as your MacBook Pro starts up?

Jun 2, 2015 2:55 AM in response to shamsiii

I had this same problem, maybe skipping Disk utility inadvertently: wouldn't go further than spinning gglobe and confirmation of Wifi connection until error message appeared After trying to reboot.

i Took the MBA over to my Dad's house, where there's VM fast cable, and connected to Wifi there: Bam, straight onto progress bar and less than an hour later I'm through DU with OSX Yosemite up, running and registered with just the Pages, iPhoto etc. Apps left to download.

I guess sometimes certain ISPs don't do well with Apple servers, for reasons unknown to me, and it was certainly worth a short journey to try another connection before writing off the machine or trying to do stuff with gigabit cables/adaptors or flash drives, which is beyond me!

Computer won't boot up! A screen shows up with exclamation mark!!! What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.