Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchases not transferring to iPad

Hi all,

We've got a 2008 iMac running iTunes 11.2.2 and have authorised my daughters' two iPad 4's using my Apple ID / login.

Content is downloading to the iMac from iTunes ok and backing up in iCloud with no problems.

My problem is I can't seem to transfer content to either of my daughters' iPads so they can play it in the back of the car ? TV shows and movies look like they're available on the iPads but actually need wi-fi to download it from iCloud.

I expect I'm doing something wrong configuring iTunes or syncing the iPads but would be really grateful for a quick view !

Thanks in advace,

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 29, 2014 9:04 AM

1 reply

May 31, 2014 2:40 PM in response to spch1

Hi spch1,

There may be a bit of confusion regarding Home Sharing. While Home Sharing does allow you to transfer content between computer, Home Sharing content for iOS devices is streamed (similar to the Apple TV):

Home Sharing your iTunes library with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV (2nd or later)

Home Sharing allows you to play your content on your iOS devices and Apple TV (2nd generation or later)by streaming from your computer. You'll need to turn on Home Sharing on the devices. You'll also need to use the same Apple ID on each device on your home Wi-Fi network.

Apple Support: Understanding Home Sharing

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3819

Regards,

- Brenden

Purchases not transferring to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.