Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you get a keylogger on an iPad?

Hi, I have an iPad2 and made the mistake of revealing my bank login details to a Spoof bank site by clicking on a link before realising that it was not the real bank's website. I have taken action to reset all of my bank security settings, and so far so good. From investigations, I believe that the site was recording my ipaddress and other details. I logged on over a 3G sim connection.

My question therefore is, how can I tell whether the process of logging into this spoof site did not also install a key logger or some other malware on my iPad. I am not currently accessing my secure sites on the iPad but would like to once I know that my iPad is still totally secure?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1, Security concerns on ipad2

Posted on May 29, 2014 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2014 2:30 PM

Unless your iPad has been jailbroken, there will be no way anyone could get a keylogger into it nor operate one if they did. All you've done by going to this fake bank site is give the criminals your bank account information. You will of course need to work with your bank to keep close watch on your accounts, but otherwise you should be secure.

Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2014 2:30 PM in response to Funklebery

Unless your iPad has been jailbroken, there will be no way anyone could get a keylogger into it nor operate one if they did. All you've done by going to this fake bank site is give the criminals your bank account information. You will of course need to work with your bank to keep close watch on your accounts, but otherwise you should be secure.

Regards.

May 29, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Funklebery

... would like to once I know that my iPad is still totally secure?

Your iPad remains as secure as it has ever been, and you should have no fear of using it to do whatever it is you require.

Users are the weak link in an iPad's security - their actions or inactions, the passwords they choose, the wireless networks they're using, and the sites they visit all have security implications.

Nothing can be installed on an unmodified iPad that did not come from Apple. The most serious threat to your data security is phishing, which is what you succumbed to. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Other than to reveal the very approximate location of the wireless router you were using at the time, IP addresses themselves cannot be used to harvest any personal information.

Can you get a keylogger on an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.