Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate apple id without a credit card?

Hello!

I've already registered an apple id but can't activate it without a credit card. What can I do? I need to login within an iphone.

Posted on May 30, 2014 3:23 AM

9 replies

May 30, 2014 8:03 AM in response to Margarita_R

Margarita_R wrote:

You must be joking! Why the **** should I pay them to use an iPhone I already bought? I don't wanna buy apps, I just wanna install free apps. There's a known hack, but it needs to create new account. Where's a normal, ordinary way to activate account without a bank card or a gift card?!

Read the article that both James & Amish provided. You don't have to use a credit card or any type of payment method for free apps.

May 30, 2014 9:29 AM in response to Margarita_R

Margarita_R wrote:

You must be joking! Why the **** should I pay them to use an iPhone I already bought? I don't wanna buy apps, I just wanna install free apps. There's a known hack, but it needs to create new account. Where's a normal, ordinary way to activate account without a bank card or a gift card?!

1. The solution has already been provided. It isn't a "hack". It is the normal process provided by Apple.
  2. Should you choose to add a CC to your account, it will not be charged unless you actually purchase content (as opposed to downloading free apps).

May 30, 2014 12:11 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

There was no solution given!
I get to "Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account without a credit card" and there is no info at all!
"If you have registered your product or used any Apple services, you should follow this article to use an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store or Mac App Store."
And in this article there's no info on how to use account without adding a credit card!

As I understand, there's no way to use an account without credit card, if it wasn't created in special way, don't I right?

May 30, 2014 12:38 PM in response to Margarita_R

Margarita_R wrote:

There was no solution given!
I get to "Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account without a credit card" and there is no info at all!
"If you have registered your product or used any Apple services, you should follow this article to use an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store or Mac App Store."
And in this article there's no info on how to use account without adding a credit card!

As I understand, there's no way to use an account without credit card, if it wasn't created in special way, don't I right?

No, you're wrong. You can choose 'None' as a payment option even on an existing Apple ID, as long as there is no outstanding balance in your current iTunes account.

Click on the part in that article that says: updating your iTunes Store account information.

On that article, you'll see how to change your payment information to 'None', and what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it.

Read the entire articles that we recommend. Don't just skim through it and make assumptions.

How to activate apple id without a credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.