Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export an iPhoto album and retain Faces and Places?

Here's the dilemma: I need to consolidate a bunch of photos in one iPhoto library - but NOT ALL the entire library - into another iPhoto library. I've spent countelss hours tagging faces on each of the two computers, and I need to retain that information. I thus would like to take one or more albims and "export as an iPhoto Library" so I can import them to the other computer. How?

Background: My family has a MacMini with iPhoto onto which we import photos from the family camera. I have a MacBook with iPhoto onto which I import photos from my iPhone. I take a lot of photos on my phone that I'd like to bring into the family album, but there are a bunch of others (boring work pix) that I don't want cluttering up the family album. I know I could export the pix as JPEGS, but then I'd lose all the tagging info I spent so much time on.

I recall there's supposed to be a way to do this, but I can't find it. Please help!

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 30, 2014 2:03 PM

2 replies

May 30, 2014 4:04 PM in response to jkurutz

Two ways:

One: Use Aperture and use it to export the Projects as Libraries and then import them to the other LIbrary. Thereafter you can go back to using iPhoto.

or

Two: Use iPhoto Library Manager

If you don't have Aperture already, Library Manager is $40 cheaper.

These are the only ways to move Faces data, plus edit history and all versions between libraries.

How do I export an iPhoto album and retain Faces and Places?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.